Monday, May 17, 2010

as it turns out...

I suck at blogging. I had hoped to write regularly, be witty, insightful, and say something profound. Clearly, that hasn't happened. Last week's Sunday Scribbling was about courage; I thought to cut and paste the Cowardly Lion's speech on courage, not very daring at all. A few times I've sat to post and realized I had little to share of any substance. So here are a few of the mundane things that are on my mind...

I got some new plants last week. I am very excited about the new arrivals, I got them in trade from a lovely lady in Utah. I have a pretty green thumb and feel a great deal of pressure to keep these plants alive; I hope it goes well. They are all stashed in places that receive good light but are blocked from the mouths of my four legged companions. Keep your fingers crossed for them. If anyone is interested in some plant cuttings let me know. None of the new ones are big enough but some of my more aged plants could be shared.

My car is filthy inside and out. I have little or no desire to clean it. I used to keep it shiny and bright but ever since a tree feel on it, and the insurance company refused to pay (act of god and all), I haven't felt much like taking care of it. It's bad and I care only a little bit.

I don't want a job. I love unemployment. I look for work almost everyday, there is nothing out there... I can't go on like this forever but I sure wish I could go on like this forever. The thing I hate about unemployment is it's an educational Catch-22. I have time to go back to school, which I would LOVE to do, but I'm afraid to take on the expenses because who knows when there will be work. The other thing that is bad about unemployment is that it has made me lazier than usual and I'm not eating as well as I should.

I like beer.

My computer is old, 6 years old. It is sloooooowwww. It does the job.

There are a lot of chipmunks in my neighborhood. It's May and I haven't seen them yet. Where are the chipmunks? I hope there isn't a correlation between the amount of vultures I've seen and the amount of chipmunks.

I've seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show more than once, more than a few times. In Manhattan, Berkeley, Philadelphia, that infamous midnight show... I told someone a few months back that I would never see anything at midnight except for Rocky Horror. Well, I'm here to tell you that I am about to eat my words. See, I made that statement before I read The Twilight Saga. Yes, I am here to admit that I have tickets to the 12:01 show on June 30th to see Eclipse. Guess what...I have tickets to the 12:01 show on June 30th to see Eclipse and I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!!!! If you are reading this I assume you have seen that I added the countdown widget for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn so you know I am a fan. I'm going to save the Twilight discussion for later, it deserves it's own post.

I love Doctor Who. I didn't used to like Who but the new Who, woo!

I need to read a really good book. Most books I've read since Twilight have fallen flat, don't judge me...
I've read a couple of good books but nothing that I couldn't put down, didn't want to walk away from. I am open to suggestions if anyone wants to share.

I wish I could have a dog and a farm. A farm by the sea with a garden and a porch.

Blah blah blah, blah blah. The scary thing is that I could go on and on. Since I don't want to put anyone to sleep, unless that is why you were reading, I will quit now.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! I have a ticket to the 9:30 show on June 30. nah-nah :P

    ReplyDelete