Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Comcast is the devil...

Where I live Comcast has a monopoly, unless you want a dish. Just in the past few months Verizon has started laying their lines around the city and certain neighborhoods have it now. I have a double whammy: my apartment building is not designed so that we can have a dish and the management's contract is with Comcast. So, if I want to watch tv then I must bow down to Comcast. I've never really had any trouble with them, except for their exorbitant fees, until today. I have been paying for the obnoxious amount of tv package as long as I've lived here because I watch more tv than I care to admit. Last night I went to watch a movie on TMC and found that I didn't have it. I called Comcast, held for 14 minutes, spoke to a guy who said he isn't sure why I don't have it and can't help me. Call back tomorrow. This morning I called back to find that last week when my promotional offer expired there was repackaging and I no longer have TMC. I have every sports channel that they offer, that I never watch, because it is part of my package but 2 TMC channels are no longer available unless I want to pay more. I'm not going to do this, I don't need the channels but I am going to argue it on principle. I'm told that the marketing department may repackage it again when my current promotion expires. I move on...I got a mailing that said that they are now not charging for a second box that is non-HD. I inquire as to why I am being charged for my second box. The lovely woman tells me that I have an HD box. I know, but I also have a regular digital box. It doesn't matter. If you have an HD box then you are charged for all additional boxes. That is not what your detailed price list said. Explain please. She's got nothing, that is just how it is. As my mom would say: I thinked I just got f#&*ed with my pants on. Remember when you could threaten to take your business elsewhere and it meant something. Comcast should know that it's employee towed the line and never went off script. At the end of the conversation when she got to the part where she says 'thank you for choosing Comcast' I stopped her quickly and said 'don't you dare thank me, I wasn't given a choice.' If only I could give up tv...

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about Time Warner Cable. They engage in rape with a condom, a sand paper one but hey at least i won't get pregnant.

    Have you tried getting a feed from another provider online? I know that you can do that to some regard with Time Warner and you can certainly get some joy from Hulu. I fully support you in your refusal to pay these bastards for anything more than you already do.

    I can't believe that you can't drop a dish on the ceiling somehow. Go use your charms on the management there.

    ReplyDelete