Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some people dream in color...

It was 1983 when I got my first pair of Chuck Taylors. Black high tops. If memory serves I think they were the only shoe I wore in the winter/spring of 1984. I do know that first pair cost about $12! In science class PJ used to write all over the white, he even used white out to cover the All Star logo so he could draw on that too. When the ink wore off we would start all over again with music groups or scribbles or the boy I liked. Points to anyone reading this who remembers who that was...

After that there was the natural high top, the lavender high, the natural low, the multi-colored high etc. I don't know if I wore any other sneaker through college. I had this great poster on my closet door it said 'some people dream in color' and it had a teenager sleeping with a bubble of Chucks above him. In college I went to San Francisco with my boyfriend wearing my favorite natural lows. When we were getting ready to leave he told me that he thought that the sneakers needed to stay behind. I was flabbergasted! But really, I wore those sneakers to death, so much so, the odor was starting to bother me. There was a service and they were left in Sarah's trash can. I don't think I had another pair after that for a long time. When they started surfacing again I knew it was time for another pair. About 6 years ago I decided that I needed another natural low. THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANYMORE. What??? No more natural. So there I was putting on a white pair that now cost almost $40. What is the world coming to??? I don't wear them that often. They really aren't that comfortable. I never wear them without socks. But, when I do wear them, I'm some how a cooler person. I'm that 14 year old that hung out on the playground and smoked cigarettes and wandered through the streets of Newtown. I'm the 14 year old whose only care was...
What brings you there??

No comments:

Post a Comment